- Board Names Francis Chairman; DeWitt CEO
- Artist Lois McKinstry Now Showing on Landmark Arts Wall
- Bank Hosting Open House to Thank Clients and Community
Latest News & Articles
New Procedures for U.S. Savings Bonds
The U. S. Department of the Treasury will end over-the-counter sales of paper savings bonds on December 31, 2011, including sales through financial institutions and applications mailed directly to the Federal Reserve Bank by customers.
Although paper bonds are being discontinued, electronic Series EE and Series I Savings Bonds will remain available for purchase via TreasuryDirect. This secure, web-based system, operated by the Bureau of the Public Debt, has been used by investors since 2002 to purchase savings bonds online.
Opening a TreasuryDirect account is free (go to www.treasurydirect.gov) and once it is established investors can:
- Buy, manage, and redeem Series EE and I electronic savings bonds.
- Convert these bonds to electronic bonds
- Invest in other Treasury securities, such as bills, notes, bonds, and TIPS (Treasury Inflation-Protected Securities).
Those currently holding paper savings bonds can continue to redeem them at financial institutions. For more information, visit www.treasurydirect.gov or contact a First Landmark Bank Financial Specialist at email@example.com or at 770-792-8870.